Followers

INSPIRED by Norman Borlaug

Wordle: Norman Borlaug

Sunday, April 26, 2015

Last Week = MAPs Madness... and ICE CREAM!

5B,
I can't believe I didn't take a single picture of our ice cream MAPs celebration!  I guess Mrs. Powers and I were so busy scooping that we didn't think to grab my phone!  Oops!  It was a fun way to end the week after excellent improvements in your spring scores and such a fantastic music concert on Thursday.  I wanted to post some of the class photos from Thursday night, but I'm having some tech issues with my phone sending out the photos to get on the blog... Grr... Love Technology....when it works:)  Right?

So, imagine your smiling faces from Thursday night.... your goofy photos.... then Friday's delicious snack and partial viewing from The Lion King! It WAS a fun morning!  I also have AWESOME photos of many of you working on friendship bracelets for our New York 5B classmates And the Lerata Elementary kids in Kenya......AFRICA..... Again, I do know where it is!!   Again, my phone isn't sending.

Last week was REALLY wacky with schedule, and you guys were absolute ROCK STARS (neeneeneneereereerrrr) working with it.  This week will be BACK to routine and work for 4 days in a row!  Then, of course, Friday is WAY out of WHACK with our fun-filled EARLY starting day to St. Paul, MN.  This Monday through Thursday is a great chance to show that Friday will run smoothy and that 5B is one TOP-NOTCH class to try and compete with!

BIG REMINDERS for THIS WEEK...

1)  Puberty Packets are due Tuesday.  If you have LOST yours (shame, shame...), you'll need to go to Mrs. Bourassa on Monday morning to the nurses's office and ask for a new one.

2)  Back to Writing Journal Homework:)  Last week was quite a nice little break, huh?

3)  Friday's Field Trip - Be sure to review what items to bring (cooler with own lunch, 2 plastic-bottled drinks, own items for bus ride, etc.)  Be sure to review what TIME to be at the school on Friday morning (6:30 a.m. - YIKES!)

4)  If you have any other materials to share for bracelet making, bring them on in!  It was a blast seeing so many of you work together and help each other learn new methods.  You'll get to take the bracelet making materials to Library on Monday for Maker Space activities!  Maybe we can get more done!

Finally....  your blog proof!  It slipped my mind that our school is in a Spring Walk Wellness Competition.  It hasn't been really mentioned a lot, so I've forgotten to talk to YOU about it!  However, now that it's been brought to your attention, you need to know what we could GET if our class were to WIN!  If 5B gets the most minutes of WALKING recorded by May 8, our class gets yummy, freshly made fruit smoothies!  So, I'm thinking we need to be quite creative in how we still get our work done, but add some fitness fun into our day!  So... I'm wondering what you guys think we can do that allows us to get extra minutes of walking in.  Go to the TodaysMeet link and add your ideas.  I added one idea.  Try not to add the exact same idea as someone else, or at least write down that you AGREE with So-and-So's idea to ....blah blah blah!  The way you guys gobbled down that ice cream, I'm thinking those fruit smoothies may sound kind of tempting!  Let's do this!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments...