Followers

INSPIRED by Norman Borlaug

Wordle: Norman Borlaug

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Duct Dynasty is Working in 5B Today!

Hey, 5B Babies!!  (Oh, how I miss your sweet angelic "mama, mama" voices!)

Sorry it's later tonight.  I haven't had an Internet connection since I got home until right now!!  :(

I can't wait to see how many tickets we earned in JUST ONE DAY!  Carter and Jasmine, I'm guessing the class will be very anxious for you to count the tickets at recess time on Friday:)  Hmmm.. You think we have 100 yet???  My guess is.... 134...  I promise I didn't count!

Some Shout-Outs about today's little angles...
*Absolutely PERFECT morning!  Couldn't have had a better example of Cadet Pride!!  WOW!
*Amazing ideas and some clever details about how to improve and reconstruct our fallen dome- you'll have to wait until tomorrow to see who gets "interviews" for the job.
*Math groups seem to be going excellent.  I'm hearing compliments about 5B students from Mrs. Wilson and Mrs. Halverson.  Awesome!  And of course, the poor dears who are stuck with me.... you're being fabulous, too!

***BIGGEST ACCOMPLISHMENT: I totaled up the grains of rice students wrote on the board/sticky notes today from www.freerice.com and by the end of the day, our class donated.....

Wait for it....












Wait for it.....















22, 470 GRAINS OF RICE!!!!!
Divide that by 100 (for a bowl) = 224.7 bowls of rice!!!  Over 220 people will have a meal and hopefully keep them from starving... ALL BECAUSE OF YOU!!!  What an amazing impact...  I see it now... a new book coming out...  5B... The Class Who Changed the World!

Be sure to tell your families and friends about www.freerice.com.  Play like crazy and follow in the footsteps of Dr. Norman Borlaug!

I'll know you checked the blog if you play on www.freerice.com for around 5 minutes (or more if you like) and tell me how many grains of rice you earned!

Oh..AND...  it's Mrs. Wilson's BIRTHDAY tomorrow...Friday, the 13th!!! AHHHHHH...  We'll be doing a nice little dance for her to celebrate.  Get your dancing shoes and singing voices on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments...