Followers

INSPIRED by Norman Borlaug

Wordle: Norman Borlaug

Monday, September 2, 2013

Nice LONG Weekend after a Full Week of School...

Ahh...  5B, I hope you got some rest and relaxation this weekend.  After Friday's celebration in the HEAT, I was soooooo exhausted!  I let Isaiah get messy with an ice cream cone after school and then cool off in the sprinkler!  I jumped in too after being so hot and sweaty outside.  It was quite refreshing:) I was so tired that I couldn't make it through the entire football game:(  Isaiah and I cheered on the Cadets in football and in the band, and then took off for bed....  Just pooped out, I guess!!

Here are a few pictures from the fun and celebration on Friday.  I sure hope you shared about it to your parents!  Keep scrolling down for more of the blog after the pics, ok?








I couldn't believe how fantastic the weather was Saturday and Sunday!  My family decided to go on a Mississippi River boat tour!  I have never done that before!  Isaiah LOVED it!  He could have spent the entire day on there.  But after 2 hours....they kick you off! (onto land that is:)

But Monday....goodness... all of a sudden it's like FALL weather:)  I took a bike ride and was actually COLD!  Weird stuff, huh?!

Well, I hope you are ready for more learning, laughing and getting to know each other:)  We will be getting into our new math journals - on the iPad.  That should take some getting used to.  We'll continue to be curious, observe and question as scientists....this time...about TRASH!?  Strange...  And in reading and writing, we'll be continuing to build stamina as strong readers and writers!  And yes, Hailey, you can take home your writing notebook this time:)

A few reminders:
1.  Cadet Nation T-shirt order forms:  Please return those ASAP.  We are needing to get the orders in so everyone can wear their shirts soon:)

2.  Tuesday, Sept. 3rd (tomorrow) at 5:30, there is a 5th Grade PARENT meeting.  I'll double check to make sure which room it is in.

3.  Next, Tuesday, Sept. 10th, is PICTURE day at Crestwood Elementary.  Notes/packets should be coming home soon.

Finally, I'll know you checked the blog if you come in right away, ask ME for a piece of tape to put your MATH PASSWORD in your PLANNER.  I'll have it ready for you, but you have to ask:)  Have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments...