Followers

INSPIRED by Norman Borlaug

Wordle: Norman Borlaug

Sunday, October 20, 2013

Dreary Weekend...But Full of Excitement!

Well, 5B,
I think the cool fall weather is here for good:(  I guess it's about time, huh?  So, that means you need to
be making some common sense choices about what you are wearing outside before school and during regular recess, ok?  Some of you are forgetting to wear jackets or even long sleeves???  It's even that time that hats and gloves might be smart to throw in your backpack.  OK?  No sense in freezing out there when you have an logical solution!

I was able to stop by Rodney's Halloween on Saturday night! I took some fun pictures.  I would have added more, but Bump was not working well for me :(  Grrrr...



Also, I have to share about my Saturday plans!  It was so much fun! I ran in the 5K Thor-a-Thon!  It was so fun because I saw some of our 5B students running, too!  Great job to Morgan and Trystin for choosing to EXERCISE on a Saturday night with family and friends!  Here's proof that I made it!  (Mrs. Midthus was my running buddy:)

We made it... without stopping or walking...Woo-hoo!

This week has some extra events.  Look below to have a heads-up!
Character Counts Week - Dress Up Days
Monday:  Wear Yellow- RESPECT - Not able to meet with Connecticut friends (will go again on Wednesday).  We will have guidance with Mrs. McCabe though:)
Tuesday:  Wear Red (or some shade of it) - CARING - Remember it is a band day, with a later recess.  Also, Officer Miner will be stopping by 5th grade to chat about good choice.
Wednesday - Early Out - Practice Drills - Wear Green - RESPONSIBILITY
Thursday - Wear Purple - CITIZENSHIP
Friday - Wear Blue or Cadet clothes - TRUSTWORTHY/FAIRNESS

Don't forget about your Synonym Scramble pages 10 - 12.  I don't give much homework, so I'm expecting it to be done and returned without any excuses, ok??  Also, 3 of you have math tests to get signed and returned.  Please do so:)

Last item of business...  If anyone has a family member that likes to sew or is interested in helping out our classroom, could you pass the word along?  We have a futon cushion that keeps falling down, and we are thinking a couple straps would help it stay up.  If you know of anyone that is capable and interested, send a note with your 5B student, email me, or give me a jingle!  I'd pay for whatever the materials and labor costs:)

Finally.... I'll know you checked the blog if you come in and work on your video game.  We'll be having a "My Doodle Game Arcade" on Tuesday, so you'll want to get moving on that game if it's not done already:)  Have a great rest of your weekend:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments...