Followers

INSPIRED by Norman Borlaug

Wordle: Norman Borlaug

Monday, October 28, 2013

Sleepy Slow-Moving Monday.... (But...still a great day!)

Ok, 5B,
I'm sorry it's later than normal, but I had several meetings after school, then had to pick up Isaiah, then make supper while playing "doggie" with little man..., then clean up from supper....and now... well, here I am:)

I'll keep it WAY short, BUT be sure you share the note I handed out today about conference sign-up and the note to return back to help out with conferences, ok?

OH, and don't forget homework:  Mrs. Halverson's and Mrs. Sorenson's math groups have homework, I think.  And there was a social studies worksheet (both sides).  Some of you FLEW through it today in the 3 minutes I gave you.  I'm hoping those 3 minutes don't prove to be your careless, silly mistaken work:(  I guess we'll see!

Ok, I'll know you checked the blog if you READ what the McGregor students added to our story!  It's sooooooo awesome!  After reading it, send me an email of what you think we should add next.  Our story will only have 2 more paragraphs - 1 from us and 1 from McGregor.  McGregor will end the story and we'll all share it together on Halloween (Thursday)!

Here are the last lines of our paragraph.  Then read on to see what McGregor added.

Just then, Evan woke up to Rosie’s hands on his face. He screamed! (from Cresco)
 
Evan thrashed his arms about and pushed Rosie off him and out of the open window beside his bed. He watched her fall to the ground and lay there. For a second Evan thought he was safe, but then Rosie got up and began climbing the vines on the side of the house back up to Evan’s window. Evan began to panic. He quickly scrambled out of bed and headed for his bedroom door. He raced toward the stairs, he needed to get as far from Rosie as possible. Halfway down the stairs he stumbled over the carpet and tumbled down the steps. Evan knew he needed to find a place to hide. He quickly jumped into the coat closet and moved as far away from the door as he could. He couldn’t hear anything from outside the closet. Then he thought he felt something brush against his leg.

So?? Now what? Email me with ideas! I'd love to see what you think! You are all such creative authors! I have some ideas, too! But it needs to be a majority/group decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments...