Followers

INSPIRED by Norman Borlaug

Wordle: Norman Borlaug

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Happy Sunny Weekend...FINALLY!!!

Wow, what a gorgeous weekend for us, 5B!  It would be great if we could have more days like that this week....but...I'm seeing the forecast does not seem to follow that plan, but who knows? We will surely be positive no matter what the weather, right?!

I hope everyone enjoyed the fresh spring air!  I was busy "spring" cleaning and doing some homework! We have only about 20 days left of school...so I'm starting to FREAK OUT a bit with how little time we have, how much we have for "extra activities" and how much we have to complete!  Ahhh!

Monday, will be a new unit for math, so we will be switching to new teachers (most likely) for the last rotation of the year.

We will also be busy this week getting ready for our Poetry Slam!  Do me a favor, please?!  Could you let me know how many of your families members will be joining us that day?  (like just dad or just mom or grandma or even both parents or maybe your little brother and mom)!  I'm SOOO excited for this! And remember, if you are nervous, 70% of Americans have the same feeling...so...just go with it!  We'll love it no matter what:) But...PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE...

Here's how I'll know you checked the blog.  Check out this website.  We will be doing something like this during our Poetry Slam with our families on Friday.  Let's give you guys a heads start though!  Visit the site, create a poem of your own style and share it to me:)  There's a SHARE button on the bottom left corner the the site!  It took me a while to find the words I liked best, but it was fun!

Compliments to EVERYONE for dealing with a fabulous first day of PUBERTY class!  Yep, you all survived...well, I guess Tristen hasn't yet...  but I'm sure he'll be just fine!

I submitted our eBook Video to AEA 1 Keystone, so we'll just wait and see!  Here's the link if you want to share it with your families:)  Click Here!  Great job, everyone!

Have a super rest of your weekend!  Don't forget to keep up on your Coffee Talk Book Club reading... Oh, and please be sure to tell your family.... for all of their juice donations!

AND to you as well for helping each other out on Friday when 16 of the 18 students wore their CadetNation shirts and doubled up by lending their sweatshirts so 18 of the 18 students who were present showed CADET PRIDE!!  
 

1 comment:

  1. 5B, You are ROCKSTARS! Awesome video! Mrs. Vandervort and I want you to know you are always welcome to come and ask for your Follett Shelf login!

    ReplyDelete

Share your comments...