Followers

INSPIRED by Norman Borlaug

Wordle: Norman Borlaug

Monday, September 7, 2015

Happy Labor Day!

Oh, wait!  Maybe when we say, "Happy Labor Day", we don't mean this?????  Hmm...  So confusing!


OK... Maybe THIS is what we mean by, "Happy Labor Day"......

Yeah, that makes more sense!  We are celebrating all of the different kinds of jobs (labor) that our citizens can do to "live the American Dream" that hard work will pay off and take you places!  Ok.. yep, that makes more sense than celebrating women who went into labor...  (Although, that's a pretty amazing job, too!)  Heheheheee!!

I sure hope everyone had a super and relaxing 3 day weekend!  I know you all had some kind plans you were looking forward to... CAMPING seemed to be the biggest....  but family visits, swimming, hanging with friends, just chillin' at home, and all sorts of others.  I didn't get to do the river boat thing I was hoping to do, but we DID visit a place I've never been to before....
If your families haven't done this before, you SHOULD!  It was really interesting, a bit spooky:) and a bit strange!  Check out the link below to find out more about this nearby attractions!

I know it seems like a LONG time ago, but last Friday's STEM activity showed amazing thinking and problem-solving skills from you!  I only have pictures of those students that were in our 5B classroom, but I'm sure all of the designs that were tried were inventive and could have worked with more time, more materials and more thinking.  Here are the ones from our classroom.  It's easy to see which group won:)




This week is a short one but BUSY, BUSY, BUSY!!  Here are some reminders for the week!
Tuesday, Sept. 8!  
#1 Be sure to PESTER your parents to VOTE for the candidates they want!  Click here for the list of candidates for each district.
If you can get your parents to VOTE, and bring in that STICKER that proves it, I'll supply YOU with a special reward on Wednesday!! Yepperoosie!



#2 Say Cheese!  Don't forget to get some rest, wear that "special outfit", fix your hair the way you want it and be ready for your 5th grade school pictures!  Our pictures are RIGHT before lunch.  So we'll go from our "photo sessions" out for lunch!  How fabulous, darlings!


Wednesday, Sept. 9!  
First Parent-Teacher meeting of the year!  It's being revived again, and we are EXTREMELY excited to get more parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, etc. involved.  Please consider attending at the Discovery Center (library) @6:30 p.m. 

Friday, Sept. 11!  
Fall Fitness Day!  Thanks for those of you who have returned your Volunteer Notes.  I have 1 volunteer so far to help supervise the Bouncy Houses from 8:45 - 9:30.  I'd take more if you are free!  If you have volunteered to help, please stop by the main office at about 8:30 on Friday morning for instructions! Thanks!

Alrighty!  That should just about do it for reminders!  I will KNOW you checked the blog this weekend if you whisper in my ear as you come in on Tuesday morning something that you enjoyed doing this weekend.  It could be ANYTHING!  I'm excited to see my "babies" again!  It's been 3 whole days!  You've probably even GROWN a little!  See you in the morning!  Smiling and ready for school pictures!!
  

1 comment:

  1. Great post full of useful tips! My site is fairly new and I am also having a hard time getting my readers to leave comments. Analytics shows they are coming to the site but I have a feeling “nobody wants to be first”.
    labor day sale

    ReplyDelete

Share your comments...