Followers

INSPIRED by Norman Borlaug

Wordle: Norman Borlaug

Friday, September 18, 2015

Look, Listen and Learn... That's What We Did!



















5B,
You guys put so much time and effort into sharing all of the new information you learned from the Norman Borlaug field trip!  I know it took us a while to get it into a word cloud.  Thanks for your patience.  I spent another hour after school trying to get the words BIGGER.  It didn't work, so I searched for another word cloud site.  I found this one, ImageChef.com.  It was pretty cool!  If you have a computer at home (probably not an iPad, but you could see), test it out.  It was fun to turn it into shapes, change specific colors, etc.

Here's the link...  Click HERE!

Here are some pictures from our fun-filled day of learning...



As for the weekend... I'm SOOO jealous that you guys will have that extra day off.  I'll be at school working with other teachers from our school AND teachers from other districts about how you did on your FAST assessments and the upcoming MAPS we'll do this coming week.  Remember, the purpose of a test is a....

It's a chance to show off how your brain works and is able to take in information and problem solve the possible solutions.  We will have the tests in this order...

Tuesday:  No MAPS testing - regular morning for switching 

You will need to get your
GAME FACE ON...
Wednesday:  Language MAPS testing (can bring a DRY, finger-food snack to have OR gum to chew during the test to help keep you focused)
Thursday:  Reading MAPS testing (snacks again)
Friday:  Math MAPS testing (snacks again)


Reminder...
I sent home a BRIGHT PINK note for your parents to choose the way they'd like me to be in contact with them.  Be SURE to bring that back on Tuesday with you.  I think I wrote "Monday" on the sheet, but I forgot I would not see you that day!  Oops!

I hope everyone has wonderful and restful weekends.  I'm sure I will have bumped into many of you at the Harvest Fest parade, around town, at the 5K Walk/Run, etc.  It's so fun to see you outside of school!  Here's one example of who I saw this weekend!!
See, we all really ARE a family!  Even on weekends we hang out!

Blog Proof...  We didn't share much AT ALL this week.  I'd like to be sure to do that this week.  Please write down the ONE thing that you'd like to share in class week about your weekend or anything exciting that's going on with you this weekend.  Write it down and be ready to share it on Tuesday!  I feel like this week flew by, barely chatting with anyone about what's happening in their lives... That's SO NOT COOL!  Chat soon...

Oh, and classroom jobs will rotate this week.  Be prepared for new jobs!  I also have yet ANOTHER pledge option!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments...