Followers

INSPIRED by Norman Borlaug

Wordle: Norman Borlaug

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Happy Veteran's Day, 5B!

I hope you've taken at least 1 minute out of your busy day to think about our veterans.  You've been sharing serious photos, videos and symbols with me the past few days in social studies to make a touching video for our guest speakers on Monday.  I just finished putting it together.  Here's the link to the Animoto video, "5th Grade Veteran's Day Tribute.  I also pasted it below if it's easier to just view it from here.


I'll know you checked the blog if you watch the video, and tell me that you saw your photo, or your patriotic symbol or your video.  Your hearts are so caring, 5B (and the rest of 5th grade).  I can't wait to see what you'll do with yourselves as you get older and continue to make a difference in this world!

I hope you had a great weekend, with crazy amazing weather!  I don't think we'll be see anymore of that this week though.  Sad:(

Be sure to pump yourselves up for more team competitions between these fabulous groups of students:
Team:  Pink Fluff!
Team:  Lego Brains!
Team:  The Fighting Chickens!
Team:  The Old Four Nerds!
Team:  The Three Stooges!
Team:  The Go-Getters!
Team:  Purple Pancakes!

I see each team collection box has a good start to its tickets!  I can't wait to see each team "bring it on"! Remember, don't HIDE that Cadet PRIDE!

One HUGE reminder is that if you sold items for our Chip Shoppe fundraiser, share with your families that the pick-up for your items is tomorrow, MONDAY, November 12 from 3 - 6 p.m. here at the school in the cafeteria.  There will be a note coming home on Monday, but I thought your parents would appreciate knowing tonight:)  It's also on the November calendar, but I thought I'd just give you a heads-up!  So, be sure to tell your families or have them read this part of the blog, ok?:)  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments...