Followers

INSPIRED by Norman Borlaug

Wordle: Norman Borlaug

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Much Needed Vacation:)

My Dear 5B Angels (ding..ahhhhh)...
Oh, I missed you guys!  I was lucky to be in touch with a few of you over the past few days.  I got to see Wyatt C. when picking out our Christmas tree on Saturday.  I got messages from Rachel, Delaney and Isabella over the weekend, too!  I hope EVERYONE had a super break!  I surely did...but I ate WAY TOO MUCH!!  I decided to run in a Turkey Trot race on Thanksgiving Day...good thing I did.  My belly thanked me for doing a little bit of exercise with all of the snacking!  Yikes!

It is CRAZY to believe that in a few short weeks, we'll be heading back to vacation for more holiday celebrations, so we need to make sure to make the best of our class times together, ok?   We'll have all sorts of extra activities to "squeeze" into our already busy schedules like the BIG BLAST (yes, we earned it again!), some limo rides, a special 5th grade holiday celebration, social studies projects, a new inquiry project and a new challenge offered by the Discovery Center (AWESOME bridge building by the way to all of the participants!!!).  So, as you can see, it will fly by quickly.  
One big favor I'm asking you to ask your families...  With all of the fun and excitement that happens at the Big Blast, we want to make sure we have enough supervision for safe playing, and I want to make sure I have free hands for perfect photo opportunities, soooooooo.... could you see if your parents would be interested and willing in help us celebrate this funtastic event??  We would only need about 3 volunteers.  The date is set for Tuesday, Decemeber 18 around 1:45 - 3:15 p.m.   I know it seems early to ask, but if your parents want to arrange their schedules to help us out, they'll want to know now:)  Thanks.  If you know for sure, just have your parents call, write a note, email, etc.  

Since the Bridge Contest took so long on Wednesday, we'll be sharing our Inquiry Projects in literacy Monday morning.  Be ready to wow us with your amazing expertise in these topics!  

We'll have new jobs on Monday morning. So check those out.  Also, remind yourself about "back at school" Cadet Pride.  Hopefully you show it all of the time (not just at school), but I'm just sending you a helpful hint to find your "focus".  The class competition for tickets is still on from last week, so every decision and action you choose counts.  

I heard our new classmate is supposed to be joining us next Monday, December 5!  We'll have to work on making Gage a "Welcome to 5B" booklet.  We'll also need to show him what an amazing bunch of 5B students he's joining!  Yeh, time to show off our Cadet Pride!

OK.. I know this got long... So, I'll cut it out (hey, that's an idiom - doy!).  I'll know you checked the blog if you look at the pictures below and tell me what they are as you come in on Monday a.m. I'll explain more about them to the whole class later on!

OHHH... I almost forgot to remind some of you... I am still waiting for several (11 out of 22 students) MIDTERM reports signed and returned from families.  I'll be expecting those on Monday...or you may be spending some indoor time with me at recess.  They were handed out LAST Monday...and due by LAST Wednesday.  Please be sure to bring them with you.  
Remember:  Caring, Respectful, Responsible, Trustworthy = Cadet Pride...Don't Hide It!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments...