Followers

INSPIRED by Norman Borlaug

Wordle: Norman Borlaug

Monday, September 15, 2014

Dot Day Makes a DIFFERENCE...

Today was such a great day to think GLOBALLY! I believe we are creating quite a....






It's so wonderful to be connected (fist bump x2) to other kids around the globe! Today was just a start for us!  Here's Matt, a teacher who Skyped with us today, in New York City!  His class was also called 5B!!  How awesome is that!?




5D got to Skype with a 5th grade class in Texas today as well!  Mrs. Reynold's is their teacher, and we'll plan to do a mystery Skype activity to find out WHERE in TX they are located! We know Texas is a LARGE state to be searching through.

So many wonderful sides of learning were seen today as students explored with iPad apps, gears, styrofoam cups, Floam, dots/puff balls/pipe cleaners/googly eyes, magna-tiles, etc.  Your comments about WHY Dot Day is important were helpful.  I know some of you aren't done blogging about it yet, but I have the link to our KidBlogs below for you to share with your families!  We can add our pics tomorrow!  I also loved how 5B brought in their own examples from home!  I can see why Minecraft is DEFINITELY an app that can show creativity, problem-solving and deep thinking skills!  Thanks to Jacy, Cam and Noah for modeling that for me!

Visit our KidBlogs to see how important Dot Day and expressing creativity is to 5th grade!
Click Here - Look for yours, others and share with your families!

Here are some pictures of what happened today!  I wish I could post them all...but sometimes our minds and memories are best for that!


What an awesome day!  I loved seeing what 5B (and 5D) is inspired from!  Here's a quick song I'd love to share with you to extend Dot Day just a bit more....  Click Here for a short video:)

I'll know you checked the blog if.... when you come in the room, you whisper to me what this drawing could be... and remember.... Be CREATIVE.....




No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments...